Frequently Asked Questions for Users
How does NowDoctor Works?
1. What is our vision?
- Our vision is to make quality healthcare more accessible, affordable and convenient.
2. What do you do?
- NowDoctor provides telemedicine video consultation with a doctor to the location of your choice via NowDoctor App.
3. Who can use NowDoctor?
- Everyone. However, if you are below 12, you must be accompanied by an adult (your parent / guardian) during your video consultation at all times.
4. When can I use the NowDoctor App?
- Our video consultation services are 24/7. Medication delivery is available until 3am daily.
How a NowDoctor Video Consultation Works
1. How does it work?
- a. A Video consultation on the NowDoctor App is conducted real-time between a patient and a doctor who is registered with the National Medical Commission and licensed to practice medicine in India.
- b. Please register, log on, choose your preferred doctor, and pay. The NowDoctor App will notify you when the doctor is available and you may then initiate your video consultation.
- c. The NowDoctor App will notify you when the doctor is available and you may then initiate your video consultation.
- d. Our doctors will evaluate your presenting symptom(s) and provide you with a diagnosis. The doctor will also provide a prescription and/or medical certificate.
2. Are our doctors qualified?
- a. Is registered with the National Medical Commission and licensed to practice medicine in India.
- b. Has their qualifications manually and electronically verified by our team.
- c. Hasve undergone rigorous screening.
3. What doctors do you provide?
- a. General Practitioners for all acute and chronic illnesses.
- b. Gynaecologists for womens health issues.
- c. Paediatricians for children and their diseases.
- d. Psychiatrists for mental wellbeing.
1. What are the costs involved?
- 9am to 9pm
- a. 500 INR/20mins for a General Practitioner;
- b. 500 INR/20mins for a Gynaecologist;
- c. 500 INR/20mins for a Paediatrician;
- d. 500 INR/30mins for a Psychiatrist.
- 9pm to 9am<
- a. 2000 INR/20mins for a General Practitioner;
- b. 2000 INR/20mins for a Gynaecologist;
- c. 2000 INR/20mins for a Paediatrician;
- d. 2000 INR/30mins for a Psychiatrist.
2. How do I make payment?
- We accept online payment via all credit cards, Google Pay, Paytm, PayPal and Apple Pay.
Are video consultation services legal?
- Yes they are.
Troubleshooting & Connectivity
1. What devices can I use to access services via the NowDoctor App?
- a. The NowDoctor App is available on Android and iOS enabled mobile devices.
- b. For Android devices, you will need to have at least Android 4.4 and above installed on your device to install the NowDoctor App.
- c. For iOS devices, you will need to have at least iOS 9 and above installed on your device to install the NowDoctor App.
- d. The NowDoctor video consultation service works best when using Wi-Fi connection
2. What if I lose connection during my video consultation via the NowDoctor App?
- a. You will have up to 5 minutes to re-connect to the doctor, failing which your video consultation will be terminated at no additional charge.
- b. If you are still unable to connect, please let us know by dropping us a note at [email protected] Our support team will be in touch as soon as possible to assist.
1. Can I get a prescription?
- Yes, you can.
2. How do I obtain my medication after my video consultation via the NowDoctor App?
- You can have them delivered to you at an address of your choice.
- You will be required to check out and pay for your medication and the App will find a pharmacy to delivery the meds to you within 6 hours.
3. What if I missed my delivery timeslot?
- Your meds will be left at the front door but we will not be responsible if they get stolen.
- Upon collection of your medication package, you should check to ensure that:
- a. The name on the medication package is correct;
- b. The medication package has not been tampered with, defaced or torn; and
- c. The medication in the medication package matches those prescribed to you by the doctor.