Frequently Asked Questions for Users
How does NowDoctor Works?
1. What is our vision?
Our vision is to make quality healthcare more accessible, affordable and convenient.
2. What do you do?
NowDoctor provides telemedicine video consultation with a doctor to the location of your choice via NowDoctor App..
3. Who can use NowDoctor?
Everyone. However, if you are below 12, you must be accompanied by an adult (your parent / guardian) during your video consultation at all times.
4. When can I use the NowDoctor App?
Our video consultation services are 24/7. Medication delivery is available until 3am daily.
How a NowDoctor Video Consultation Works
1. How does it work?
- a. A Video consultation on the NowDoctor App is conducted real-time between a patient and a doctor who is registered with the National Medical Commission and licensed to practice medicine in India.
- b. Please register, log on, choose your preferred doctor, and pay. The NowDoctor App will notify you when the doctor is available and you may then initiate your video consultation.
- c. The NowDoctor App will notify you when the doctor is available and you may then initiate your video consultation.
- d. Our doctors will evaluate your presenting symptom(s) and provide you with a diagnosis. The doctor will also provide a prescription and/or medical certificate.
2. Are our doctors qualified?
- a. Is registered with the National Medical Commission and licensed to practice medicine in India.
- b. Has their qualifications manually and electronically verified by our team.
- c. Hasve undergone rigorous screening.
3. What doctors do you provide?
- a. General Practitioners for all acute and chronic illnesses.
- b. Gynaecologists for womens health issues.
- c. Paediatricians for children and their diseases.
- d. Psychiatrists for mental wellbeing.
1. What are the costs involved?
- 9am to 9pm
- a. 500 INR/20mins for a General Practitioner;
- b. 500 INR/20mins for a Gynaecologist;
- c. 500 INR/20mins for a Paediatrician;
- d. 500 INR/30mins for a Psychiatrist.
- 9pm to 9 am
- a. 2000 INR/20mins for a General Practitioner;
- b. 2000 INR/20mins for a Gynaecologist;
- c. 2000 INR/20mins for a Paediatrician;
- d. 2000 INR/30mins for a Psychiatrist.
2. How do I make payment?
- We accept online payment via all credit cards, Google Pay, Paytm, PayPal and Apple Pay.
Are video consultation services legal?
- Yes they are.
Troubleshooting & Connectivity
1. What devices can I use to access services via the NowDoctor App?
- a. The NowDoctor App is available on Android and iOS enabled mobile devices.
- b. For Android devices, you will need to have at least Android 4.4 and above installed on your device to install the NowDoctor App.
- c. For iOS devices, you will need to have at least iOS 9 and above installed on your device to install the NowDoctor App.
- d. The NowDoctor video consultation service works best when using Wi-Fi connection
2. What if I lose connection during my video consultation via the NowDoctor App?
- a. You will have up to 5 minutes to re-connect to the doctor, failing which your video consultation will be terminated at no additional charge.
- b. If you are still unable to connect, please let us know by dropping us a note at [email protected] Our support team will be in touch as soon as possible to assist.
1. Can I get a prescription?
- Yes, you can.
2. How do I obtain my medication after my video consultation via the NowDoctor App?
- You can have them delivered to you at an address of your choice.
- You will be required to check out and pay for your medication and the App will find a pharmacy to delivery the meds to you within 6 hours.
3. What if I missed my delivery timeslot?
- Your meds will be left at the front door but we will not be responsible if they get stolen.
- Upon collection of your medication package, you should check to ensure that:
- a. The name on the medication package is correct;
- b. The medication package has not been tampered with, defaced or torn; and
- c. The medication in the medication package matches those prescribed to you by the doctor.