Frequently Asked Questions for Users (about NowDoctor)
How NowDoctor Works
- What does NowDoctor do?
- Our vision is to make quality healthcare more accessible, affordable and convenient.
- NowDoctor is a digital healthcare provider offering telemedicine video consultations with a doctor at the location of your choice via its mobile platform, NowDoctor App.
- Who can use the NowDoctor App?
- NowDoctor is suitable for anyone seeking (i) treatment for non-emergent medical issues; or (ii) advice or a second opinion on a pre-existing condition.
- However, if you are below the age of 12, you must be accompanied by an adult (your parent / guardian) during your video consultation at all times. You must also be registered under your parent’s / guardian’s NowDoctor account prior to commencement of your video consultation.
- When can I use the NowDoctor App?
- Our video consultation services are 24/7, which means you can request for a video consultation anytime you need it.
- You also have the option of scheduling an appointment for a later time if you prefer.
How a NowDoctor Video Consultation Works
- What can I expect from my video consultation via the NowDoctor App?
- A video consultation on the NowDoctor App is conducted real-time between a patient and a doctor who is registered with the Medical council of India(MCI) and licensed to practice medicine in India.
- All you have to do is download the NowDoctor app, register yourself, choose the speciality and preferred doctor/time slot and input payment method. You may then enter your symptoms and initiate a chat with the doctor to tell more about your health condition then the NowDoctor App will notify you when the doctor is available and you may then initiate your video consultation.
- Our doctors will evaluate your presenting symptom(s) and/or pre-existing medical condition(s) and first determine based on their best assessment whether it is safe to proceed with a video consultation in the given circumstances.
- If the doctor determines that you are suitable for a video consultation, the doctor will proceed to provide you with a diagnosis, prescription, medical certificate and/or medical referral letter (as appropriate).
- Are your doctors qualified?
- Yes, they are. NowDoctor is committed in providing all patients with uncompromised quality of care.
- We have a thorough verification process for every doctor on NowDoctor – any doctor that you consult with:
- Is registered with the Medical Council of India(MCI) and licensed to practice medicine in India;
- Is a verified medical practitioner with all their qualifications documents manually and electronically verified by our team; and
- Have undergone rigorous screening, training and credentialing.
- What video consultation services do you provide?
- General Practitioner consultations for non-emergent acute and chronic illnesses and preventive care.
- Gynaecology consultations for the health of the female reproductive system.
- Paediatric consultations for children and their diseases.
- Psychiatric consultations for mental illness.
Accounts & Payment
- What are the costs involved?
- The consultation fees associated with a video consultation via the NowDoctor App are set out below:
- 500INR/20min for Gynaecology consultations.
- 500INR/20min for Paediatric consultations.
- 500INR/20min for General Practioner.
- 500INR/20min for Psychiatrist.
- How do I make payment?
- We accept online payment via all credit cards, Google Pay, Paytm, PayPal. You can select the payment mode of your choice.
Supported Devices, Troubleshooting & Connectivity
- What devices can I use to access services via the NowDoctor App?
- The NowDoctor video consultation service is available via the NowDoctor App on Android and iOS enabled mobile devices.
- For Android devices, you will need to have at least Android 2.1.0 and above installed on your device to install the NowDoctor App.
- For iOS devices, you will need to have at least iOS 11 and above installed on your device to install the NowDoctor App.
- The NowDoctor video consultation service works best when using Wi-Fi connection
- What if I lose connection during my video consultation via the NowDoctor App?
- In such an event, you can again join the video consultation if your 20 minutes are not over and you can continue your consultation for the left time however you can still chat with doctor for 24hrs after the consultation for any query.
- If you are still unable to connect, please let us know by calling us at 8884338844 or dropping us a note at [email protected] or through the NowDoctor App via: Help button and our customer support team will be in touch as soon as possible to assist.
- To minimise connectivity issues, we would strongly recommend that you connect on Wi-Fi before your video consultation.